I am testing a web form in Chrome. One of the fields has a maximum size of 140 alphanumeric characters.
I used these methods to test max size:
A. manual writing in the field
– result ok, I can write only 140 char
B. copy/paste >140 char of any text from other source
– result ok, only 140 char pasted in the field
C. fill the field with large-size text from Bug Magnet
– result not ok: the field accepts all the data (eg. 32K)
My concerns are:
1. Since Bug Magnet inserted access data in the field, there clearly is some kind of a fault in the field size control. But what kind of fault?
2. Production users will not use Bug Magnet to insert data. But is there a way that an average user unintentionally bypasses the size limit?
3. This is the first time I see that Bug Magnet behaves different than common paste. Where’s the catch? Did anyone experience this?
And finally, is there a bug at all? I cannot raise an issue which occurs only when using the Bug Magnet 🙂
Source: ministry of testing
Testing max field size using Bug Magnet – opinions needed