TLDR; New code to study, some apps to test. And some blog posts…
Github And Applications
- I have been updated my Automated Abstractions github code github.com/eviltester/automationAbstractions
- there is a supporting face to face workshop for this, but the code is useful for self study with plenty of embedded exercises
- RESTMud is now a monorepo to make it easier to work with github.com/eviltester/restmud
- Todo JS I used TodoMVC as a base and created an extended version that offers more flexibility for using as a practice testing and automated execution application compendiumdev.co.uk/apps/todo/todo.html
- Chatterscan.com I amended my twitter client to remove analytics, use GET everywhere, easier access to twitter saved searches and easier hashtag exploration.
Patreon Posts For August 2019
The following posts on Patreon were collated into a 60 page PDF that patreons on the $5 “scholar” tier have access for downloading to make it easier to catch up with the content.
- The Flawed Arts of MindReading
- What I learned early about programming from watching a games programmer code
- How much synchronisation is too much?
- Accidentally used JUnit 4 Becuase it was a dependency
- Logical and Physical Automated Execution Abstractions
- Monitoring needs to be specific
- Obvious Errors and Code Coverage
- All the Abstractions, All the time
- Tools Suggest New Approaches
- Mindmaps, Code And Scope Overviews
- Timestamps in Exploratory Testing Logs
- Ignore advice and Take Ownership
- Patreon content repurposing
- Programming or Hacking out some code for automating?
- Does taking part in Crowdsourced testing help train you to test?
- Investigating App as API Automated Execution Errors
- Content Summary July 2019
- Content Summary Outline July 2019
- What happens when your talk title changes?
- Automation Abstractions Repo Worth Watching
- Secrets of Testing – make it visible
- Conversational Change
- Framing Testing Descriptions as a Story
- 7 Rules for Positive, Productive Change
- Being Original And Fresh
Blog Posts For August 2019
- July 2019 EvilTester.com and Patreon Content Summary
- Example of modelling an application flow as a diagram for Software Testing
- Overview of LEAPWORK Web Automating Tool
Twitter May 2019
- Just realised that the talk that I provided at the online “Agile Testers Conference” in October 2018 was released online. I embedded the recording of “Technology Based Technical Testing” here –
- I had never heard of @BliskBrowser before. https://t.co/MSvWP6C5Gb – I used it and it was pretty useful blisk.io
Note: I don’t summarise the content that I release to Facebook or Instagram so you might want to follow me there as well.
August 2019 EvilTester.com and Patreon Content Summary