A long long time ago I started creating some coding exercises for myself – looking at the comments it was started at least at
08/12/2014 – possibly earlier.
- How can I generate a counterstring?
- How can I use Java to write counterstrings to the clipboard?
- How can I generate a forward counterstring? i.e. don’t reverse a string
- How can I type that counterstring into an input field as it is generated?
- How can I find all the comments on an HTML page
- How can I generate strings for unicode chars?
- How can I create a set of clickable urls for different environments etc.
And all of this I put into https://github.com/eviltester/testtoolhub
And some of this I had done before.
You’ll find some of this stuff in my:
- And in a bookmark tool I wrote an even longer time ago.
The clipboard stuff turned into an investigation of JavaFX and Java 1.8.
I thought it was about time I released it, because I showed it in an exploratory testing tutorial and in some YouTube videos.
I spent a little time:
- packaging it into a runnable jar,
- moving it to github to release it as open source
- create a release zip
- write some documentation
You can download it from github:
It requires Java 1.8 runtime.
- And you can see a demo of it in action in this YouTube video:
Announcing A New Test Tool – TestToolHub – Counterstrings, and more…