Go to previous article – Regression Testing Best Practices
Do you need a few points to help you get better in the software testing world?
Well, we gathered for you a few points which we believe are super important in every testing process and will improve every tester’s work:
1. Document all requirements – Seat down with your client or sponsor and clarify all requirements, don’t miss out on anything. Missing out on requirements or being unclear about it can cause a big problem at the implementation and the closure stage of your project. With that said – adjust to changes in requirements during the project. Change in requirements can happen all the time so go for it! And that lead us to the next rule.
2. Develop an extensive & comprehensive test plan – It will form the basis for the testing methodology which helps you stay on top of any changes in requirement you might have during software testing. This will allow your team to understand the structure better and prevent any mistakes caused from misunderstandings.
3. Invest in business understanding – It is as important as the testing knowledge. Technical knowledge and business knowledge should divide equally if we want to see good and sensible test cases. Understanding the business reason behind the application will help write a better application and better testing scripts.
4. Review, confirm and inspect the work – Go over ALL requirements in your test case. Don’t miss any requirement! Incomplete coverage of requirements in the test you and your team made can result a disaster for the project or product. This will not leave a happy client!
5. Keep modifying the test type along with the Change in Requirements – Integrate the application development and software testing life cycle. Don’t forget to make sure the change coverage in your test cases is document and then re-built or modified as per the need. It will help you get better results!
6. Start testing early as possible in the process – You Don’t have to wait for the product development to complete. This way you can disqualify if needed and move on to the next part with clear way.
7. Test often – You can call it re-testing but anyway you need to do it again and again to confirm good results.
8. Make a formal program with a software testing methodology – Create a reservoir of your test cases: It can help you in saving time in writing test cases over again when working on similar requirements scenarios. Plus, it ensures you’ll get uniform results. While doing that make sure to Use numerous types of software testing such as regression testing, system testing, stress testing, load testing, acceptance testing and more
9. Use both Manual testing and Automation testing – While using all Automation testing tools available use also a Manual testing procedure. After all your end game will have to be active by live people so what’s better than use them to test your program? That means your team, of course.
10. Analysis and check the work of your testers or your own work – Whatever conclusion you can get will help you get better at your job; it’s the different between a good tester to an excellent one!