Bugzilla is an open source manual testing bug tracking tool designed to help you manage software development. It is one of the oldest and maybe mostly used “Defect Tracking System” or “Bug-Tracking System”.
Defect Tracking Systems allow the developers to keep track of outstanding and noticeable bugs in their product effectively.
Bugzilla is open source while most commercial defect-tracking software vendors charge licensing fees, this means that it is free but despite that it has many features that other commercial defect-tracking doesn’t have. Therefore, Bugzilla has been a favorite of thousands of organizations that need to deal with bugs and in need for a bug-tracking system.
What can you do with Bug Tracking tool – Bugzilla?
- You can Track bugs and make changes in code
- You can easily communicate with your team and managers and present your results.
- When presenting your result you can also submit and review the holes in the software that need to be fixed.
- Manage quality assurance (QA)
Features of bug tracking tool – Bugzilla:
- Optimized database structure for increased performance and scalability
- Advanced query tool that can remember your searches, so once you define a test case you don’t need to do it again.
- Integrated email capabilities, which is important to every company.
- Editable user profiles and comprehensive email preferences
- Surrounding and extensive permissions system
- Proven under fire as Mozilla’s bug tracking system
- Easy to read bug list that with understandable marks to know what need to be fixed.
You’ll find in the market lots of companies that use Bugzilla and finding it helpful with reduce downtime, increase productivity, raise customer satisfaction, and improve communication.
When used correctly Bugzilla can also help reduce costs by providing IT support accountability, telephone support knowledge bases, and by keeping tabs on unusual system or software issues.
Bugzilla can also be integrate with software testing tools to create an end to end coverage of your development process.
To summarize it all – bug tracking tool – Bugzilla can help you get a handle on the software development process. Successful projects often are the result of successful organization and communication.
Read more about: